- The Canon printer gets delivered in a sealed enclosed box. Take out the printer and other components like cartridges, cables etc from the box.
- Now remove the polystyrene packaging wraps, all the orange tapes and protective plastic from the display of the printer.
- To set up hardware, locate the power socket on the printer. Now connect the power cable to the printer’s port and to the wall electrical outlet.
- Now switch on the printer by pressing the power button. The printer display light will turn on instantly.
- Remove the cartridges outlet seal and plastic covers covering the cartridge then insert the ink tanks.
- Open the top cover of the printer so that the printhead carriage can adjust automatically to its place.
- Now take all the cartridges and place them into their respective slots.
- Close the printer cover and you will acknowledge that it starts making noise which means ink cartridge installation has been completed successfully.
- Open the flap from the back of the printer and carefully pull out the input tray. Then place some pages into the paper tray.
- Move the paper guides and insert a few pages into the feeder. Now push the paper tray and fit it back into its place correctly. Your hardware setup is completed successfully.
Downloading the Compatible Driver for Your Printer via ij.start.canon
- Switch on your computer and start your preferred Wi-Fi. Now open a secure internet browser to maintain privacy against viruses. You can choose any browser among Chrome, Safari, Edge Chromium, Opera, Internet Explorer etc.
- Visit site: https://ij.start.canon. You will find a setup tab that you need to click for accessing the Product Selection window and tap set up.
- After it is launched, you will have to provide the correct product model number and after entering, click Go.
- A download window of ij.start.canon will display on your system. Properly check your OS field and change it as soon as possible if required. Now, tap on the download window to start downloading the software.
- Do nothing while being patient as it will delay the downloading process. After completion of downloading, an option will appear to save the file in a secure folder according to your choice.
Ways to Form a Stable Connection Between Your Computer and Printer
After downloading the setup file, you have to connect your Canon Printers with your system and this depends on printer hardware specifications.
Two ways for establishing a connection –
Wireless setup –
For a wireless connection, your printer must be of advanced technology. Go to the Wireless Settings screen on your printer. Choose the Wireless LAN Setup Wizard and connect to same Wi-Fi to which your system is connected.
USB Connection –
Properly check the cable and confirm the USB ports of both devices to avoid unwanted errors and issues. Fit the one end of USB cable to the computer and other end to the printer.
Simple steps to install Printer Driver –
Locate the setup file of ij.start.canon by checking into the same folder in which you have saved it. Run that file and Canon program main installer window will appear.
Ensure that selected language and Region information are correctly updated. Click Next to go to Printer Detection window.
When your printer is linked with your system, your printer name on the screen must appear. If its not there, check the wireless or wired connections. Choose the printer to go to the Software list window for ij.start.canon setup.
Mark all the checkboxes in Software Installation window i.e., XPS drivers, Easy-Web Print EX, User’s Manual, MP Drivers etc. Now click Next and the License Agreement window will be displayed on your screen.
Click Yes to license agreement and then a Firewall window will appear where you have to enable the Permit checkbox for allowing the driver installation.
This will start the Software installation processing and after completion, click the Finish button.
Common printing issues and their fixes –
After completion of driver setup via ij.start.canon, users face some common issues while executing printer functions. Some of them are –
No paper error –
If your printer tray has pages but you are facing No paper issue then it means an object or pages got stuck in the rear tray.
Switch off your printer, detach the cables and remove the stuck object or paper from the rear tray. Clean the paper feed roller by using a wet and clean cloth.
In case the loaded paper is curled or wrinkled then also this issue occurs, so replace that page with the proper one. The size of paper inserted in the tray must match the paper size settings of the printed file.
Executing these steps will resolve your no paper issue.
Poor print quality issue –
When any user prints color or black ink paper, then the printed page generates too many ink spots, horizontal lines, patches, or faded text. This is due to dried ink which can easily be sorted by running the printer’s utility program. In case the installed cartridge has a low amount of ink then the printer will print unclear pages.
If this is the case, replace the ink cartridge with the new one. If the error still persists, then clean the printhead and then print a page.
Slow printer –
Sometimes print functions badly and slowly due to setting a high-print quality. So, reduce the print settings to increase the printer’s performance. It will also save the price of extra ink or toner. In case the printer is working at a fast speed, place the printer within the router range and ensure that the printer receives better Wi-Fi signals.