Canon Pixma MX490 Printer is a condensed printing machine built with the latest and advanced printing attributes.
It’s a perfect machine that runs quickly and generates high-quality pictures.
It also consists of various powerful connectivity features from which you can print your important documents irrespective of any location.
It’s an AIO printer inbuilt with time-saving features containing a complete-integrated automatic document feeder which has the capacity to hold up to 20 sheets of paper.
This printing machine is ideal for personal as well as professional use.
It can easily be connected via wired or wireless connection with any devices such as laptops, computers, smartphones, etc.
Some amazing features of Canon Pixma MX490 Printer –
- Speed_amp_quality –
Due to its high resolution: 4800 x 1200 maximum color dpi3, it creates spectacular quality business documents and pictures.
Has FINE (Features Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering) with a patented print head which fires a minimum of 2pl ink droplets.
Has reliable, qualitative and easy-to-use Genuine Canon Ink.
Consists of a Color Cartridge System which integrates the FINE print head and ink into one compact unit so that it can be easily replaced.
Borderless photos to print beautiful, borderless 4″ x 6″ photos in approximately 70 seconds.
Print documents and web pages quickly with a speed of 8.8 images per minute (ipm) for black and 4.4 images per minute (ipm) for color.
- Easy to use –
HasFully-integrated 20-sheet Duplex Auto Document Feeder through which you can easily copy, scan and fax multiple documents without loading them one page at a time.
Has My Image Garden software which organizes and prints your pictures fun and easy with great facial recognition, special filters, calendar organization, automatic layout suggestions and many other things.
Comes with CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM – an exclusive service for users like you to have authentic Canon inks, providing access to pictures, templates and many more.
Has Quiet Mode which lets you print anytime without worrying about anything.
Has Auto scan mode: which automatically recognizes the authentic type, scans and saves it with suitable settings.
- Connectivity –
Has PIXMA Printing Solutions (PPS): it lets you to print and scan pictures or documents from mobile devices” using the free PPS app.
AirPrint technology allows printing wirelessly and easily from your compatible iPhone, iPad etc.
Google Cloud Print – lets you print from Gmail and google docs on a mobile device and from Google Chrome for Mac, Windows, Linux and Chrome devices.
With the help of this service, you can print from any location from apps that you use every day.
You can also share your home and work printers with anyone you select.
Has Mopria through which you can easily print from your Mopria enabled Android smartphone drivers built-in.
Super G3 Fax it’s a high-speed business fax standard for color and PC on plain paper for the home office workspace with 19 coded speed dials and memory of up to 50 incoming pages.
Has Hi-speed USB through which you can plug the cable into your PC for a super-fast connection for transferring data.
Canon Pixma MX490 Printer driver–
- Compatibility of Driver –
It’s a tedious task to find the compatibility of a driver but one thing is sure, that you can get all drivers from the official website of manufacturers of printers as they always will be compatible with your respective operating systems.
On this site, you will all the full-featured available driver download links from Canon’s official website.
As finding the right driver according to the compatibility of your operating system can be a tough task, that’s why we have made it simpler for you.
- Several types of Printer drivers –
- Postscript or PCL –
The intention of a printer driver is to convert the printable data into such a format that the printer is able to understand.
So there exist diverse printer languages used by different printer manufacturers. The most commonly used languages are Postscript and PCL.
Printer Control Language (PCL) is an HP trademark language that is largely used by diverse manufacturers.
As this language is also supported by different operating systems as it lets printers work in multiple environments.
The Postscript PS language is commonly used by Mac platforms as this language was created by Adobe and several changes have been made so far after its release.
- Full or basic driver –
The difference between both full and basic drivers is easy to understand and you can easily select which you want to install.
The full driver offers all the necessary tools and software to use for the effective functioning of the printer.
Hence, the installation of a full driver is recommended by several printer manufacturers.
Alternatively, you can use minimum features from the basic driver. Some basic drivers won’t let you use the scan function if you are all-in-one.
A basic driver is useful for those kinds of users who need to use their printer for printing, have storage limitations on their system, or need to use third-party software for scanning.
- Choosing a printer driver –
Choosing a printer depends on which functions of printer you want to use and with which operating system you need to use your printer.
So, you must know the right model number of your printer and the correct version of your operating system for selecting the correct driver.
Also, installing a full feature driver is safe and recommended on your system as doing this will get you a complete driver along with its printing software.
- Updation of the driver –
With the help of a printer driver, you can allow several programs on your system to print without being aware of the technical details of your printer model.
So, the print output of your various programs and your printer depends on the printer driver’s performance.
Sometimes the error occurs in the existing current version of the printer driver and to rectify those bugs, the manufacturer of the printer releases newer versions of the printer driver.
So, it’s mandatory to upgrade your system with the new driver as doing this will ensure that your printer will run on its most stable software.
Canon Pixma MX490 driver free download –
- Driver Download for Windows OS –
Supported OS – Windows 11, Windows 10 32-bit, Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 8.1 32-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, Windows 8 32-bit, Windows 8 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows XP 32-bit
Full Driver and Software Package for Windows XP Vista 7 8 8.1 and 10.exe
XPS Printer Driver for Windows Vista 7 8 8.1 10 and 11.exe
MP Drivers for windows.exe
Printers and Multifunction Printers security patch for Windows 11 10 and 8.1.exe
Printers and Multifunction Printers security patch for Windows 7.exe
- Driver Download for MAC OS –
Supported OS –
Mac OS Monterey 12.x, Mac OS Big Sur 11.x, Mac OS Catalina 10.15.x, macOS Mojave 10.14.x, macOS High Sierra 10.13.x, macOS Sierra 10.12.x, Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.x, Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.x, Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9.x, Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.x, Mac OS X Lion 10.7.x
Full Driver and Software Package for Mac OS X 10.7 to 10.13.dmg
CUPS Printer Driver for Mac OS X 10.7 to 12.dmg
ICA Driver for Mac OS X 10.7 to 11.dmg
- Driver Download for Linux OS –
Supported OS – Debian os, SUSE Linux os, Linux Mint os, Boss os, Red Hat Enterprise Linux os, cent os, Fedora os, Ubuntu os
IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Source file).tar.gz
IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Debian Packagearchive).tar.gz
IJ Printer Driver for Linux (rpm Packagearchive).tar.gz
ScanGear MP for Linux (rpm Packagearchive).tar.gz
ScanGear MP for Linux (Source file).tar.gz
ScanGear MP for Linux (debian Packagearchive).tar.gz
Installation of Canon MX490 printer driver
There are two ways to install Canon MX490 printer driver –
Installing Printer Driver through CD/Disc
Follow the below steps –
- Switch on your printer by tapping on power button.
- Insert the CD driver which came with your printer into your system’s CD drive.
- An Autoplay window will popup which will prompt you to install or run program from your media.
- Tap on Run or implement the file named Autorun.exe.
- Tap Yes when Window will prompt you to open the installer.
- Before initiation of installation process, accept the license agreement by tapping Yes on the checkbox.
- Now tap Yes to start installation of the TopBrand Officejet 4500 printer drivers in the next window. The installer will copy files from CD and will transfer them to your system.
- On the next window, a menu will appear. Ensure to properly select the way you want to connect the printer to your system.
- You can select to connect it either via wireless network, a wired network or using a USB cable.
- On the next window, you will be asked to connect one end of USB cable to the printer and other end to your computer.
- Your system will automatically locate your printer and will continue/next with the installation.
- The installer will notify you when the installation will be completed.
- Tap Finish on the next window mentioning about the successful installation of the software.
Installing a Printer’s Basic Driver Manually
Follow the below steps to install the printer’s basic driver manually –
- Begin with downloading the installation package or its basic driver from its official site and save it on your system where you can find it easily.
- Save the installation setup file on the hard drive. This file will be required when the manual process would ask for .INF driver file then it will be extracted from its installation package.
- Go to Start menu -> Control Panel.
- Tap on Hardware and Sound.
- Tap on Devices and Printers.
- Tap on Add a printer.
- Now tap on Add a local printer.
- Select “Use an existing port” and then choose “Choose a port”.
Note: the common USB ports for USB connections are:
- USB001 (virtual printer port for USB)
- USB002 (virtual printer port for USB)
- USB003 (virtual printer port for USB)
- Maybe it will be listed under your printer model number.
- You can choose any one of them related to your printer model number. In case no one is related then select the first one USB001 (virtual printer port for USB) and move to the next step.
- Select your printer driver.
- Select your printer brand name from the left side of the pane and choose the exact printer model number from the right side of the pane and click on the Next button.
- In case your printer model number is not listed then you have to browse the extracted driver’s .INF file. Tap on Have disk.
- Tap on Browse button.
- Now go to the location where you have extracted the file and choose driver’s .INF file.
- Open the extracted location %temp%/7zs7988.
- Now select the driver’s .INF file which is named Autorun.inf and tap on Open.
- Note: driver .INF file can be different according to your printer model number and brand name.
- After tapping on Open, you will be redirected to the ‘Install from disk’ menu with the full path filled. Now tap on OK to get inside the drivers.
- Now tap on Next.
- On the next window, there would be two options, select the second option i.e., replacing the current driver.
- Tap on the Next button.
- Now the window will ask you to share your printer with other systems on the network. Choose options according to your needs.
- Choose the option ‘Do not share this printer’ in case you don’t want to share it with others. Then tap on Next.
- Choose the check-box ‘set your printer as default’ and then click Finish.
- Your printer is now ready to use.
Canon Pixma MX490 wireless setup
- Make sure to execute the below steps before starting the Canon Pixma MX490 wireless setup –
- Ensure that the printer is switched on which can be recognized by the lit power lamp(A).
- Tap the setup button (B) of your Canon Pixma MX490 printer.
- Now, choose the ‘Wireless LAN’ setup by tapping on the side arrow options then click OK.
- Now at this point in time, your printer will itself start looking for compatible wireless routers.
Canon Pixma MX490 Wireless Printer Setup – using WPS method
- Executing the Push button method/connecting via WPS
- Start by tapping and holding the WPS button on the wireless router.
- After two minutes tap on the OK button on the printer.
- Click OK after the Setup menu and Fax settings options are displayed on the screen.
- Finally, click the OK button.
- The setup process has been finished.
Canon Pixma MX490 wireless printer setup for windows –
Follow the below steps –
- Ensure that the printer, router and Windows PC are switched on.
- Connect your printer through the wireless router as mentioned.
- Download the printer driver on your windows system from the official Canon site i.e., http://ij.start.canon mx490.
- From the provided list, choose your printer model and click on the ‘Download’ option.
- When the downloading process is completed, click the driver package option to open the setup.
- And complete the setup process by thoroughly going through the mentioned instructions.
- Go to Start menu -> Control Panel.
- Choose ‘Devices and Printers’.
- Tap on Add printer option from the upper left corner where the user can see the list of installed printers. Choose your printer and wait for some time.
- Lastly, your printer will be displayed having a Green checkmark and you can now use it.
Canon Pixma MX490 Wireless printer setup for Mac-
Follow the below steps –
- First, turn on your printer and wi-fi router and make sure both printer and system are connected to the same network.
- Now from the first part, connect your printer to the wifi network.
- Install the latest version of the printer driver from the Canon site i.e., http://ij.start.canon mx490.
- Go through the mentioned guidelines on your screen and finish the process to Download the driver.
- From the Apple menu, choose ‘System Preferences.
- Now tap on ‘Printers and scanners’ from the new window.
- From the next window, click on the + icon for adding your printer.
- Choose your printer from the drop-down list.
- Your Canon Pixma MX490 printer is connected to the Mac system.
Canon Pixma MX490 Ink Cartridge Details –
Canon Pixma MX490 ink cartridge is one of the top-selling cartridges promising reliable print results without spending too much money.
The Pixma MX490 printer uses PG-245 black and CL-246 tricolor inkjet cartridges. Both these ink cartridges have high yield versions i.e., PG-245XL and CL-246XL respectively.
This ink cartridge guarantees to match or exceed the print quality of the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer).
The best thing is you can save a lot of money without compromising on quality by buying remanufactured Canon Pixma MX490 ink cartridges. Canon Pixma MX490 prices are much budget-friendly.
- Why my Canon MX490 won’t connect to Wi-Fi?
There are many reasons but first, make sure of given two things –
- Your printer is turned on.
- Your printer and device from which you are printing are connected to the same wireless network.
- Why is my Canon MX490 printer not responding?
- Due to a connectivity issue between the printer and the PC.
- So, make sure the printer wireless setup is correctly done and you have the right installed printer driver.
- In case the problem doesn’t go away, install the driver again to rectify the issue.
- How to connect Canon MX490 printer to Wi-Fi?
Follow the below steps –
- Switch on your printer and make sure the power lamp is lit.
- Tap the setup button on the printer.
- Choose WLAN setup from available arrow keys on the printer and tap OK.
- At this point, the printer recognizes the wireless router. To provide the network key in the given space provided and connect the printer to Wi-Fi again.
- How to fix the Canon MX490 paper jam issue?
Follow the below steps –
- Ensure to turn on your printer and retract the paper tray and open its cover.
- In case there are jammed papers under the FINE cartridge, hold it gently with both hands.
- Now slowly pull out the paper and close the cover.
- How to fix the Canon MX490 offline status?
- Visit Control Panel -> Tap on Device and Printers -> Right-click on the printer’s icon-> check what’s printing -> Printer -> Use printer offline (removes the checkmark).
- In case the status of printer displays paused, then right-click for your printer -> check what printing -> printer -> pause printing (removes the checkmark).
The Canon Pixma MX490 printer is best for users who are looking for a printing machine for personal and professional use.
The above information will guide you thoroughly in each step to set up your Canon Pixma MX490 printer and how you can use it for proper functioning.
In case you still have any queries or facing any issues or errors then you can contact us for professional and technical guidance at chat support or via phone support.
We are 24*7*365 available to serve you.