Here, a Canon printer requires setup. Before this, make sure you’ve downloaded and installed latest drivers and softwares from site: https://ij.start.canon or canon.com/setup. Wireless and wired models need drivers and softwares for which they need to be installed. In case your printer model isn’t set up yet, follow the guide below.
QUICK STEPS TO SETUP CANON PRINTER
- First, set up the printer hardware and go to https://ij.start.cannon.
- Click on the ‘Set up’ tab to select your IJ Canon model.
- Download and install the latest drivers and softwares.
- In case you have a wireless printer, connect to a Wireless network.
- In case you have an USB cable, connect to the system using the cable.
- Follow given instructions to complete canon ij setup.
FULL GUIDE TO SETUP CANON INKJET PRINTER
Steps for Canon Printer First-Time Hardware setup –
- First, open the Canon printer model from the box.
- Remove all plastic, tape and packaging material.
- Ensure to place the printer on a clean surface and close to the system or laptop.
- Verify the shipped materials with your inkjet printer such as setup CD for windows and mac, power cable, cartridges as well as manual.
- Connect one end of the power cable to the printer’s power cord in the rear and the other end to the power switch to start the setup.
- Now switch on your printer and when you see a stable light, pull the paper output tray and cover.
- Now install fine cartridge and ink cartridge then slide paper guide.
- Insert proper blank papers and make sure everything is efficient.
- Your canon printer model is set up. Visit https://ij.start.cannon to download the latest printer software.
Download Canon printer drivers and softwares –
- Run web browser on your system or laptop –
First, close all running apps in the background of your system or laptop and click on the web browser you are using (Chrome, Edge, Mozilla Firefox) to open.
- Visit site: https://ij.start.canon-
Type this URL ‘https://ij.start.canon’ on the search bar of the browser and hit enter. The site will open to download drivers and softwares on your system.
- Click on the ‘Set up’ tab –
The page opened will have the tab ‘Set up (Start here)’. Select it to move to the next page.
- Select your Canon inkjet printer model –
A product page will appear which will ask your printer model number. Provide your model number and hit enter.
Scroll down the page and click on the Canon printer series to move to the next page to find your canon model alternatively.
- Start downloading Canon printer drivers –
A downloading page will be displayed automatically on the screen. You need to click on the Download tab. In case you see another prompt on the screen, click on Save or Save As tab.
- Run downloaded drivers and softwares –
After completion of Canon ij setup on your system, ‘run’ the installation and follow mentioned instructions to finish the ij setup installation.
Connecting Canon IJ Printer to Wi-Fi –
Wi-Fi is considered as the best way for connecting the system with your printer. For this, your printer must be a wireless model. Follow the below steps –
- Step 1 – Make sure your Canon printer model is switched on.
- Step 2 -Install the printer drivers from http://ij.start.cannon site.
- Step 3 – Turn on your Canon model.
- Step 4 – Press the Wi-Fi button or wireless icon.
- Step 5 – Wi-Fi will flash so make sure your wireless router is working properly.
- Step 6 – Now push the WPS button on the wireless router for few seconds.
- Step 7 – After this, your printer will show connected status. If it doesn’t show, check Wi-Fi and ON lights; if they are stable then connection is achieved successfully.
Installation Guide for Canon Printer Wireless Setup
- Switch on your Canon ij printer –
Ensure that your printer is plugged into the power switch and press the ON button to start your Canon inkjet printer.
- Choose Wi-Fi setup and connection method –
Maximum users use the WPS method when the Wi-Fi button is available. Otherwise, click OK in Setup ->Wi-Fi setup option.
- Click on the WPS option –
Use the right arrow and select WPS (PIN Code) option. In case your router has a direct WPS button, you can use the WPS (Push button) method.
- Enter PIN code and connect the printer to the wireless connection –
Your Canon printer display shows the PIN code which you need to enter on the router. To know how to enter the PIN, read the router manual. After this, you will find ‘Connected Status’ on the printer screen, click OK.
- Open https://ij.start.cannon URL on your web browser –
Open the web browser and enter this URL https://ij.start.cannon to find the correct drivers and softwares for the Canon printer.
- Download those printers and drivers for windows –
The site shows four options. Select Setup and enter your Canon printer model name to go to downloading page. There select ‘Windows OS’ from the upper right corner and click on the ‘download’ tab to download universal drivers.
- Select Run to start the installation –
When the drivers’ download completes on the site, click Run to start the installation process. Alternatively, double-click on the .exe file then select the Start Setup tab.
- Tap Yes to accept license terms –
A license agreement will be the next window in the installation setup. Review it and click Yes to accept Canon printer’s terms.
- Select the preferred option if the Extended Survey Program appears –
An Extended Survey Program window may appear which will update you by sending information so that you can join the program by checking the ‘Deactivate the block’ box and clicking Agree.
- Check the connection method to continue –
As this is a Wireless installation, a connection method screen appears during the installation process. Here, you need to ensure connection and model details. Click Yes to confirm and wait for printer drivers’ installation.
- If needed, install additional printer or scanner drivers –
You can install printer and scanner drivers which comes from software you downloaded from the site if required. A list will be displayed on the screen to which you can choose the drivers you need and follow prompts to install. After the installation, click Exit.
- Exit the screen after completion of Canon printer driver installation –
After the installation completes, click Exit to continue.
- Switch on your printer and click the screwdriver button –
Click the ON button to start the Canon printer and find screwdriver-looking button. It’s the setting button, press it to display settings on the printer screen.
- Click OK on wireless LAN setup –
The screen will display the Wireless LAN setup option, click OK on it and tap on the right button until you see the ‘WPS push button’ tab. Again, click OK.
- Switch On the wireless router to proceed WPS Pushbutton method-
Your wireless router is working well if it has stable lights. Now push the WPS button until you see a light flash. After this, your printer will be connected.
- You can choose the WPS PIN method to connect the network –
In case your router doesn’t have a WPS button, use WPS PIN to connect the network. To manually connect, select the ‘Manual Connect’ or ‘WPS PIN’ option by using the same screwdriver or setting button. You should know the PIN of the router connection and enter it when required. If you have entered the correct PIN, click OK and the canon printer model will be connected to a wireless network.
- Visit https://ij.start.canon using safari browser –
Open Safari browser on your MacOS and enter this URL ‘https://ij.start.canon’ on the web browser. You will be redirected to canon printer help site where you have to click on ‘Setup’ tab.
- Use your Canon printer identity to download the latest software –
Select the ‘Setup’ option on the https://ij.start.cannon site to go to the product list page. Enter your printer model name on the displayed box or scroll down the page to select from the given list.
- Select MacOS and click download to get Canon ij setup mac –
From the dropdown list, select MacOS and tap ‘download’. In case any popup appears, select Save or Save As to start the software download.
- Start the installation process and enter Mac account details –
Click on the Canon printer icon from the dock and double-click on the downloaded .dmg file to begin ij start the canon software installation. Now enter the mac admin account ID and password to continue and click on the ‘Install Helper’ option.
- Accept the license agreement and select wireless connection –
Choose your region and tap yes to agree with license terms then click on ‘Wireless LAN connection’ to continue.
- From the given list, add your Canon printer model-
The ij start canon software is not ready to complete installation, so now you have to add your printer series to your macOS device list. Click on ‘Add printer’ and tap on your model.
- Complete the Canon wireless installation –
Install Canon printer’s additional drivers from the same software pack you downloaded from the https://ij.start.canon site. After completion, you can create a desktop shortcut and close the installation window.
IJ Start Canon Printer Setup via USB Cable
In case your print is unable to connect wirelessly then using USB cable can be a best option for you. Make sure the USB cable which you will use is 3 to 5 m long.
Follow below steps to connect via USB cable –
Step 1 – Switch on your printer.
Step 2 – Either you can use the CD setup or online drivers’ download method. Hence, insert the Canon setup CD shipped with the printer. Alternatively, go to step3.
Step 3 – Go to Canon printer support – https://ij.start.cannon. Select ‘Set up’ and enter your Canon inkjet model name to open the download page.
Step 4 – You can select your product from IJ printer products page but you can enter model name in the given box for direct driver’s download.
Step 5 – From top right corner, choose your OS, tap on Download tab in the middle and wait for Canon printer and software download.
Step 6 – Double-click on installer setup to run the setup. This will automatically extract canon ij setup download file.
Step 7 – Now click on USB connection and connect the USB cable to printer and PC hardware when its available. Insert one side of cable to PC USB port and another side into the Canon model’s rear.
Step 8- Allow permissions and select your printer model and select access points from the mentioned list.
Step 9 – Follow given instructions to complete USB setup and click Finish.
Steps to print
- Ensure you have successfully downloaded and installed proper drivers and softwares, if not, do it from https://ij.start.cannon.
- Pull the input tray of your printer and place papers correctly on it.
- Go to your system and open the file or docs which you want to print.
- Press CTRL + P to start printing process.
- You can customize the print settings by changing properties, pint quality, print size, number of paper and many other things according to your needs.
- Now click on Print tab and wait for printing process to complete.
Steps to scan
- First, download Canon IJ Scan Utility from the canon support file.
- Now double-click to install the utility file.
- Start the utility file after installing it.
- On your printer, place papers in scanners tray.
- Go to Settings and click on document scan.
- Now click on document and customize settings if required.
- Now your scanning would start with your Canon ij printer.
Frequently Asked Questions of Canon Ij Printers
How do I install my Canon printer without the CD?
Visit official site i.e., https://ij.start.cannon and download the latest drivers. No CD is required for canon printer software installation.
How do I connect my Canon printer to my computer via USB?
First, install the latest software and drivers of canon printer and plug in the USB cable to your system and printer as it will automatically gets connected. You need to follow mentioned guidelines also.
How do I install an IJ printer driver?
For this, you need its installer pack in the CD setup and https://ij.start.cannon site. When your PC or laptop has installation ij setup, follow the mentioned instructions.
How do I set my Canon IJ to start?
First, set up the hardware. Second, install updated drivers and softwares and finally, connect to a network.
How to fix the “Printer is not recognized” error? At the time, Canon ij setup, you can experience this error. This is because of an improper connection with a USB cable or no Wi-Fi connection. So, recheck and fix if the cable is faulty or damaged. Don’t forget to connect wireless network to your Canon printer.