Canon, a top brand is well-known for its Avant-grade, simple products. This printing machine guarantees an unmatchable experience on account of its user-friendly approach.
In other words, operations and deployments are handled easily by using Canon Printer Setup. This brings out an unprecedented easy process setup.
Know the process of Wireless Canon Printer setup
Effective and correct setup of Canon Printer is crucial for optimal functioning. This consists of assembling the printer’s hardware and configuring its internet connection.
After this, ensure to correctly install the set of Canon Printer Drivers. Although, this process of installation and configuration will differ for different printer models.
Printer hardware setup – ij.start.cannon
- Set up the printer’s hardware to start the Canon Printer Setup process.
- Make sure to place the printer at a safe and flat surface within the network range.
- Unbox your printer properly and ensure to remove all packaging material including red/orange tapes from all areas of the printer.
- Connect one end of the power cable to the printer and the other end to the wall outlet and then switch on the same.
- Now, switch it on after which ‘Power Lamp’ will light up. Ensure that it’s stable.
- Now, properly set the ‘paper tray’ and insert A4 size papers into it.
- After this, the Initialization and Alignment process will start. So wait for some time.
- Go to Printer’s Control Panel to complete the Setup guide. Make some selections effectively such as ‘Display language’, ‘Date’, ‘Country/Region’, ‘Time’ and ‘Access Security Measures (PIN)’.
- Finally, click on the ‘End’ tab and move to the process of Canon Printer Setup.
Printer Configuration with SSID LAN Setup
- First, turn on your router i.e., the Network Access Point and make sure it works properly.
- Connect your system to this ‘Network’ to complete the Canon Printer Setup process.
- Make sure that the printer is turned on and connected to a stable power source and its power lamp is lit and stable.
- Now go to the Control Panel of your system after which the Home Window will appear. In case the screen goes blank, check the ‘Energy Saver’ button for a ‘Sleep Mode’ icon. If the button is lit, ‘Wake up’ your printer and then hit the ‘Home’ button.
- Now, find the ‘menu’ tab by navigating the Home window and clicking on it.
- Go to ‘Preferences’ -> ‘Network’.
- When Sign-in is required, provide the Login ID and PIN password of your Printer System Manager and log in to it.
- After that, a button ‘Wireless LAN settings’ will be displayed. Then click on proceed with Canon Printer setup.
- Now click on Yes to enable the Wireless LAN.
- On the same window, required information about the Wireless LAN will be displayed. Review it correctly and click OK.
- After that, choose the appropriate configuration method by clicking on ‘SSID settings’.
- Click on ‘Select Access Point’ after that Canon printer will automatically search for networks available within the range.
- The list of available networks within the range will be displayed.
- Now, choose the SSID correctly -> ‘Network / Router Name’ then click ‘Next’.
- If prompted, select OK then mention the corresponding ‘Network Password’ properly.
- Then click ‘Apply’.
- On the next window, read the message provided and click ‘Yes’.
- This will set up the connection of the Printer and Network and wait for the completion of the Connection setup.
- Finally, a message ‘Connected’ will be displayed and tap close.
- Lastly, IP address and other details will be automatically set and this will help in the completion of the Canon Printer setup.
Setup of Canon Printer Driver
Canon Printer driver is a vital software suite for the efficient functioning of the best printers. For this process, you have to find the proper set of printer drivers and download and install them correctly.
Downloading Printer Driver
- First, visit the Canon site: ‘canon.com/ijsetup’ and find the ‘Setup’ tab at the top-left hand and click on it.
- On the next window, look for the ‘Search bar’ and you need to provide the Printer’s Model number for the Canon Printer setup. After this, go to the front side of your Printer and check its invoice.
- Now, tap on the ‘Go’ tab to search the printer model.
- Apart from these, you can also find a printer by browsing the enlisted model numbers.
- After this, a download link will appear on the next window, download it.
- After this, downloading process will start and wait for its completion.
Printer Driver Installation
- First, find out the downloaded Printer Driver Package on your system and open it.
- On the next window, a Security prompt will appear asking you to validate your system. Click on the ‘Run’ button.
- Select ‘Yes’ when the ‘User Account Control’ window will ask for your permission to start the installation process.
- After this, Canon Wizard’s Welcome window will be displayed where you need to select the language according to your choice.
- Click next and the next window will ask you to ‘Select your place of residence. Select it and click ‘next’.
- After this license agreement window will be displayed. Agree with it.
- Then firewall settings window will open up. Select ‘Deactivate the block’ and click ‘Next’.
- This will lead you to the ‘Connection method’ window where you will have two options i.e., wireless or wired. You need to select one according to your printer’s configuration.
- In case your printer is wireless configured, select wireless. If your printer is wired configured, select wired. Then click ‘Next’.
- Complete the Network Setup process and follow the given on-screen instructions.
- On the next window, a list of available software for installation will appear. Select it properly and click ‘next’.
- This will start the installation of the Canon printer setup. Wait for some time.
- After completion of the process, click ‘Exit’.
- one thing to note here is for Mac users installation process would be different, so follow on-screen instructions carefully provided by the Installation wizard.