Useful tips for Downloading Driver through Website
- In case you don’t have a software CD or are corrupted then you can download the driver when you required it from the official site of Canon i.e., ij.start.canon or usa.canon.com to get printer software on your computer easily.
- Follow the below steps to know how to execute the Canon printer driver download process by visiting usa.canon.com.
- Visit the official website of Canon and after clicking enter, Canon main page will be displayed.
- You will find a section ‘Browse by Product Type’ in which all Canon products will be displayed such as printers, scanners, projectors etc. To download the Canon printer driver, click on its icon.
- Select your Device window will be displayed on your computer screen. Choose between Maxify, Selphy, Imageclass, Pixma etc. and click on your mentioned device accordingly.
- Now all the models of your selected Printer Type will be displayed on screen. After checking your printer model, select it from the current options available.
- In the next window, click on the Product Information tab mentioned beside your printer image. After clicking on this tab, some options will appear such as specifications, drivers and downloads, manuals options.
- Now select the drivers and downloads tab. To download a compatible driver, select your preferred Operating system and your language. In case you want to download the full driver & software package, click on the Select tab mentioned under the Recommended Driver section.
- If you only want to download the MP drivers and XPS drivers, tap on the Select tab mentioned under the Optional Drivers section.
- After making your selection, tap on Download. The Canon printer driver download processing with the average time remaining will be displayed. Wait for some time and ensure that your system doesn’t get disconnected from Wi-Fi while software downloading.
- After completion of downloads, a few options will be displayed such as save, save as, and Run. If you click Save then the file will be saved in the default downloads folder. In case you click on save as then you can save the file in any folder according to your choice.
- To install, run the setup file, connect your Canon printer with your system, tick the drivers and extra software checkboxes, acknowledge the privacy terms and license agreement and wait for the install process to complete.
Easy and useful process to setup driver through CD –
- Most printer manufacturers provide CD for Canon printer driver download through which you can easily finish the software configuration. If you have that CD, you won’t need to visit the Canon official site.
- Follow below steps to setup the printer driver by inserting a CD –
- First, unpack the CD which comes with your printer and insert it into CD drive carefully otherwise your system will recognize it.
- The software CD dialog box will automatically be displayed on your screen. If it doesn’t appear, manually locate the CD. For this, double-click on My Computer icon where you will find the CD-ROM icon. Tap on it.
- In the pop-up box, move your cursor over the setup tab and click on it for Canon Printer Drivers. After this, the initial software window will be displayed on your screen having two options i.e., Easy Install and Custom Install.
- To install the recommended software and manuals, select the Easy Install tab. If you want to install a specific software such as XPS drivers then you can choose the Custom install option.
- A new window including the Driver installation details will be displayed on your screen. Review the software info which you are going to set up and click on the Install button.
- Printer connection will be available on your screen. Incase the printer is wirelessly connected to the same SSID as your system, your printer will automatically be detected by the system. Alternatively, connect an USB cable from your printer to computer.
- Choose your printer and the User Registration window will appear. To register your printer, its crucial to provide its serial number which can easily be located inside the printer.
- After this, installation of printer driver will be started. After completion, click Exit and take out the software CD from CD-ROM drive.
Ways to rectify Canon printer driver download issues
While executing download process, many issues occurs as obstacles such as internet connection issues, browser-specific errors or a CD failure. Follow below steps to resolve these issues –
- Verify all the cables connected to the router. In case you are using modem to boost the internet connection, ensure that its ethernet cable is properly connected to the router. Make sure your system is within the Wi-Fi range for Canon printer driver download.
- Make sure to enter the correct password to connect your system with your Wi-Fi.
Also, to get better Wi-Fi signals, disconnect and reconnect with Wi-Fi on your system.
- In case the Wi-Fi speed is high and you are unable to open Canon website then it must be a browser issue. If your browser is of outdated version then the webpage won’t open. So, update your internet browser and access the site. Its recommended not to store unusable, irrelevant files or cache in your browser as it can degrade the browser’s performance.
- In case the Canon printer driver download doesn’t finish after various attempts even with a proper internet connection, verify the selected OS version. The Windows or Mac version must be corrected according to your system so change them quickly.
- When using a CD, due to several issues driver installation cant be completed. Maybe the CD gets corrupted or its not inserted properly. In that case, verify CD-ROM drive, clean it and insert the Cd again. In case its still not recognized by system, contact your service provider.
Process to Scan the Documents Using Canon Printer
In case you downloaded the complete package of the printer software, the scanner software i.e., IJ Scan Utility will also get downloaded. Whenever you try to scan a document, you can access the software.
With the help of below process, you can scan using a printer-
- Keep the document on the scanner glass.
- Connect your printer to your system and start the IJ Scan Utility Software.
- Review the settings and tap on scan tab.
- You will be asked to set the scan resolution; after setting, tap OK.
- When the document gets scanned, save it on desired folder.