Canon Pixma TR4522 Wireless setup
- First, you have to connect the printer to a Wi-fi network then you need to install the printer drivers and software on your system.
- Two ways –
- Begin Easy Wireless Connect on your printer
- Check whether your printer is switched on or not. Switch it on if not.
- Tap and hold the Menu/wireless connect button for 3 seconds.
- The following screen will be displayed which means the printer is now able to receive info required for connecting to the wireless network.
Download and run the setup file to install drivers and software on your system.
- Go through the information and follow the warning messages occurring during the setup, choose the Download button.
- You may also use the setup CD attached to your printer to install the software.
- Have the setup file and tap Start setup.
- In case you are using the setup CD, you will find Use the updated software found on the Internet option. In case you mark the check box then the latest driver and software versions will automatically be used. Don’t mark the checkbox in case you don’t want to and alternatively choose Start setup.
- Go through the network security notice and choose Next.
- Choose your correct region of location and choose Next.
- Accept the license agreement and choose Yes to continue the installation.
- Choose Agree or Do not Agree to information request.
- Choose Yes to confirm the connection method.
- Setup will be continued and choose Next when the network connection is finished.
- In case the printer hasn’t been recognized, ensure that your system is connected to the right wireless network and you have to open ports in the firewall which can be blocked.
- Driver installation will happen. Wait until it gets finished.
- Information will be displayed and choose to Start in case you want to execute a test print or Next to continue.
- Check the box adjacent to Set as the default printer in case you want to use this as your main printer.
- Choose Next to proceed. In case you choose to abort, you’ll be redirected to the main screen. A printer driver will be installed but you wouldn’t have any installed additional software.
- Choose any additional software according to your requirements and choose Next.
- Additional software will be installed as it may take some time. Choose Next.
- Choose Exit as the installation has been finished. Your printer is now ready to use from your Windows system.
Start the setup process on your printer.
Ensure your printer is switched on.
Tap and hold the Menu / wireless connect button for 3 seconds.
When the following screen appears then your printer preparation would be completed.
Download and run the setup file on your system.
- Havethe setup file.
- Follow the information provided and focus on the messages which may occur during the setup then choose Download.
- Choose Next on the first screen.
- Mention your system Username and password then choose Install Helper.
- Choose Start Setup.
- Read the network security notice and choose Next.
- Choose the correct residential region and choose Next.
- Accept the license terms and agreement and choose Yes to continue. In case you choose No the installation wouldn’t be continued.
- Choose Agree or Do not Agree to the information request.
- Choose yes to confirm the connection method.
- Setup will be continued. Wait until it gets completed.
- In case the following screen appears, choose Allow.
- Network connection has been finished. Choose Next.
- Choose Add printer.
- On the Add screen. Choose the TS series with Bonjour Multifunction mentioned in the Kind column. Opt AirPrint or Secure AirPrint in the Use: drop-down then choose Add.
- Choose next to continue.
- Choose Start for executing a test print or Next to continue.
- Setup has been finished. Choose next.
- In case you wish to add any additional software, choose any optional software then choose Next. This additional software will be downloaded and installed and it may take some time.
- Choose Next.
- Choose Skip or Register Now.
- Choose a desktop shortcut preference for online manual then select Next.
- Tap Exit. The installation has been finished. You are able to print wirelessly now.
- You can use Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app for setting up a wireless connection to print from an Android device.
- In case you haven’t done it yet, begin Easy Wireless Connect on the printer. To get instructions, choose your printer model from one of the given drop-down lists.
- Make sure to begin Easy Wireless Connect before initiating the app. For some of the printer models, it is known as a Cableless setup. In case you already started Easy Wireless Connect on your printer, move to the next step.
- Initiate the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app. Download it from the Google Play store in case you haven’t downloaded it yet.
- After opening the app, you will find the license agreement. Accept it by clicking on yes otherwise you’ll be unable to use the app.
- The For using services related to the Canon product screen will be displayed. Follow this information then click Agree or Do not Agree.
- The following screen will be displayed. Click Ok to move further.
- You’ll be asked to allow your device’s location. Click Allow only while using the app or the right affirmative option.
- You’ll also be asked to access your device’s media and pictures. Choose Allow or the correct affirmative option.
- When the following screen gets displayed, click Search.
- You will be asked to set up the wifi for the printer. You will encounter a name starting with Canon_ij. Click OK on the screen.
- According to your model, it may be named Canon_ij_setup or it may contain the printer’s name like Canon_ij_053xx_MG6800series.
- Click on Next when the above message gets displayed.
- Now you will be asked to connect your printer directly. Choose Connect or the proper affirmative option.
- In case you choose Cancel, then you have to manually connect to the printer. In case the above screen gets displayed, select Open Wi-Fi settings then choose the printer’s network name and go back to the app.
- A message will be displayed mentioning that the printer will be connected to your wireless network. Ensure that your network name appears in this message then click Yes.
- In case your printer is far away from your router, your Android device will be failed to connect and it won’t be visible on the screen. In this case, switch off your printer, locate your printer closer to the router and then restart the process.
- Mention the password for your wireless router. Click on the eye symbol to make sure that the provided password is correct or not then click OK.
- In case the cable less setup process fails at this step then you have to restart the process and connect your Android device to the Canon_ij_XXXX SSID. Set your printer to cable less setup mode and connect it to the Canon_ij_XXXX SSID and restart from the first step.
- After this, a message will be displayed mentioning that the network settings have been sent to the printer. Click OK on it.
- Here your device will communicate with your printer which has been added automatically. But sometimes, you need to manually add the printer. Move to the next step in case the Register printer screen gets displayed.
- In case of the register printer screen occurs, wait until your printer gets displayed on the screen then click it.
- Your app will automatically retrieve the information on the printer.
- Click Close. Your wireless connection has been finished. Click Choose images to begin using the application or click the X to exit. Print an image or Print a document.
How you can rename your printer
- On the main screen click on the Printer’s icon.
- Click on Add/switch icon.
- Tap and hold the printer’s name. an on-screen board will be displayed where you have to provide the new name for your printer then click OK.
- Go back to the main screen of Canon PRINT Inkjet /SELPHY. Your new name for the printer will be displayed.
Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY is a free app that allows iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch users to have a diverse range of PIXMA, MAXIFY and SELPHY print capabilities.
- All models of this app will not be compatible to support this feature.
- First, change the name of the listed printer in Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY.
- Visit the apple store so that you can download Canon PRINT/Inkjet SELPHY app.
- Before starting the app, make sure to begin Easy Wireless Connect. In case you have started it already then move to step 3.
- Open the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app.
- An Extended Survey message will be displayed. Go through the information and click Agree or Do not Agree. You can use the app irrespective of the option you chose.
- You will be asked to allow your location access. Click Allow While Using App.
- Click Search.
- Click OK when the above message gets displayed.
- Now the printer will begin searching. After some time, if a printer Cannot be Found options will be displayed. Click on this option.
- Click OK and you’ll be prompted to join the printer’s Wi-fi connection. Click Join.
- A list containing several networks will be displayed. Click on the network name.
- In case your printer is far away from router then the device will try to build a direct connection with the printer. If this occurs, switch off the printer and locate closer to the router. Restart this process from step 3.
- If your network contains a password, mention it and click OK. You can tap on the show password.
- Now your wireless network password would be sent to printer.
- After some time, Settings information has been sent will be displayed on the screen. Click OK.
- The Register printer screen will be displayed. Click on your printer.
- The app will retrieve the printer’s information.
- Click Close and choose Select Images to select a picture to print.
- In case you don’t wish to print, click X located at the upper right.
- In case you are using first time to print from app then you will be needed to provide your media access. Click OK.
- You’ll be able to print pictures from your device, import photos from Canon Camera Connect or images stored on cloud.
- The images from your device will be displayed. You can choose upto 20 images. Click on the particular image which you want to print then click Add.
- You can even choose images from a particular album from your device by clicking on Albums then choosing the album and images.
- Click on Show selected to view the selected images for printing.
- You will be redirected to the Photo Locations screen. Click Next.
- In case the above message gets displayed, click No.
- To change the settings mentioned on the screen, click Print Settings then click Print.
Changing the printer name
- In case you want to change your already registered printer on the Canon inkjet/SELPHY app then follow the below steps –
- Click on the printer icon located at the bottom from the main screen of the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app.
- Click Add/switch.
- Click and hold the registered printer’s name in the list.
- When required, provide a new name for your printer then click OK.
- After opting on OK, click Back at the upper left corner.
- Click on the X at the upper right.
- Now the printer will be displayed in Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app with the mentioned name.
Canon PIXMA TR4522 Driver –
Canon Driver Support offers a download link for the Canon Pixma TR4522 printer driver to directly download from the website.
Compatibility OS: Windows 10/Windows 10 (x64)/Windows 8,1/Windows 8,1 (x64)/Windows 8/Windows 8 (x64)/Windows 7/Windows 7 (x64)/Windows Vista/Windows Vista (x64)/Windows XP
Driver Download –
For Windows –
TR4500 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows) 18 MB Download
TR4500 series MP Drivers Ver.1.01 (Windows) 93 MB Download
Windows 10 (32bit)
Windows 10 (64bit)
Windows 7 SP1 or later(32bit)
Windows 7 SP1 or later(64bit)
For Mac –
TR4500 series Software Package (Mac) 10 MB Download
macOS Catalina 10.15
macOS Mojave 10.14
macOS High Sierra 10.13
macOS Sierra v10.12
OS X El Capitan v10.11
OS X Yosemite v10.10.5
Canon PIXMA TR4522 User Manual
Filename Language File
TR4500 series (PDF) User Manual (Windows) English Download
TR4500 series (PDF) User Manual (Mac) English Download
By using a wireless connection and Canon PRINT programs, you can use your smartphone easily and quickly use your printer and print directly from it.
Through the support of IFTTT (If this then that), you can use a diverse range of site and program services to generate automatic creation and wheezing time and difficulty.
Apps like Airprint, Mopria Print Servis, Auto Power On/Off, adf built-in and Wi-Fi – make PIXMA printers easy to use.
Canon Pixma TR4522 Driver Installation
After completion of the download, tap on Open Folder and click on the downloaded file. The filename of that file will end with .exe.
You may accept the default location for saving the file. Tap on next and wait until the installer extracts the files for installation on your system.
In case you have closed the screen download all, scroll to the folder where you have saved the .exe file and double-click when the installation wizard begins.
Follow mentioned on-screen instructions to install the software.
When completed, restart your system or laptop.
You can perform a test print and scan test.
If the test print and scan were successful then the driver has been installed properly.
Registering Printer with Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY – iOS –
You have to install Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY from Setup using Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY iOS.
Follow below steps to register printer with Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY –
- In case you have a wireless router, connect the iPhone, iPad to the wireless router.
- In case you don’t have a wireless router, start Wi-fi in wifi settings screen on iPhone, iPad etc.
- For the operation process, check the manual attached with the wireless router or you can connect to the manufacturer of your particular device.
- Descriptions are according to iOS 11.1
- Make sure to switch your printer on.
- Start the application.
- Note: in case the following screen appears, tap Yes and then follow the on-screen instructions to connect the printer to a network.
- Once the network connection is complete, go to step 12.
- Click (Register printer) at the upper left of the screen.
- Note: in case the below screen appears then move to the next step.
- Mention the printer name which appears.
- Make sure your printer is on the top of the screen.
- When registered printer will appear at the top of the screen, it means setup has been completed.
- If the printer cannot find.
- Note: in case the following screen occurs, click OK and go through the on-screen instructions to connect the printer to a network.
- Click Auto connection (recommended)
- Click No.
- Assembling connection on printer.
- On wifi settings screen on iPhone/ iPad/iPod touch , mention network name (SSID) starting with “Canon_ij_”
- Go back to the application screen, choose to confirm which you prepared the printer. Checkbox and click Next.
- Click Yes.
- Tap and hold wireless connect on the printer for three seconds.
- Choose to Confirm that you pressed the button for 3 seconds. Checkbox and then click again.
- Make sure your printer occurs on the top screen.
- When the registered printer appears at the top of the screen, it means the setup is finished.
- In case the following screen doesn’t appear.
- The following screen occurs when registering the printer.
- Printing using apps –
- Launch application.
- Tap Choose Images
- Note: selecting images will get displayed during registration of printer. In case Select images doesn’t appear, tap Photo print.
- In case an application is requesting access to photos appears, tap OK and then move to next step.
- Choose the image who want to print and select.
- Tap Next at the bottom right of the screen.
- Mention printer to use, paper size and choose Select.
- Select print and it will starts printing with the specified settings.
Registering Printer with Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY – Android –
- First, download the app from Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY (https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/WebPortal/PTA/pta_dl.html?lng=en&type=app-gd2&app=cpis&os=w&osver=10.0&osarch=1).
- Follow the below steps to register the printer with the app –
- In case you have a wireless router, connect your mobile phone or tablet device to the wireless router.
- If you do not have a wireless router, enable wi-fi in the wi-fi settings screen on your mobile device.
- For the operating process, go through the manual provided with the mobile phone or wireless router or contact the manufacturer of the smartphone or wireless router.
- Below descriptions are based on the screens while using Android 8.0
- Ensure your printer is switched on.
- Initialize the app.
- Click Yes.
- Go through the on-screen instructions to register your printer.
- When the below screen gets displayed, it means printer registration has been finished. Begin with the settings or other processes as required.
- In case the screen doesn’t occur, check whether the Available Printer is Not found.
- Note: in Auto connection, setup is implemented by allowing the app to automatically find which connection method is suitable for your smartphone environment. You can connect via wireless router or Direct Connection.
When the available printer is not found
- When the below screen appears during the process, it means printer registration has been finished.
- Ensure that your printer is switched on.
- Begin app and click Yes.
- Click OK and Click If printer can’t be found.
- Click Auto connection (recommended)
- Follow the provided instructions for printer registration.
Canon PIXMA TR4522 Review –
Canon workplace printer can standalone it’s substantial without letting users sacrifice space. Its size and dimension are structured and organized and support a cluttered work environment.
Some of its amazing features include two-sided car printing, wi-fi and ADF used mainly for scanning purposes.
This printer offers a simple, effective printing workplace in small sizeable printing, scanning and faxing doesn’t need an upgraded or complex printer to get the work done.
That’s all about the Canon PIXMA printer. In case you still have queries or issues then you can contact us via our toll-free number or via chat support or via phone support. We are available 24/7 365 days a year to help you and resolve your queries.