IJ Network Tool – Canon is a renowned manufacturer of cut-throat optical imaging products. It provides diverse intuitive products like Printers, Scanners, Cameras etc.
As a matter of fact, it ensures an unmatched customer experience through its Avant-grade product range.
In other words, it dominates the global industry in the domain of professional-grade printing and scanning devices.
To use these best-in-class machines, you have to set them up efficiently. This requires the configuration of the device to your home network.
For effective functioning of the printer, an internet network is required which means you need to use properly configured printers at all times.
For this, you have to control the Network Settings of your printer and for this ij Network Toll is used.
What is IJ Network Tool?
It’s an utility platform that Canon offers for users’ benefits. This user-centric tool assists in managing the Network Settings of your innovative printing machine with utmost care.
In other words, with the help of this tool, you can view and change these settings quickly without much effort.
When you finish the setup of your Canon Device for Network use, then you can install this software utility tool.
More About IJ Network Tool
Follow the below steps before moving to set up ‘IJ Network Tool’ –
If you want to use your printer with LAN setup, it is necessary to obtain Connectivity equipment such as Network Access Point (Router/modem), LAN cable etc.
Make sure to never this tool when the machine is executing its basic functions like printing, scanning, etc., and never execute printing, scanning while using this utility tool.
While using this utilty tool, in case your security softwares’ firewall feature is on, then you will get a warning message about attempting to connect Canon printer softwares’ to the network. In this case, you need to set your Settings to ‘Always Allow Access’.
Methods to Set up ‘IJ Network Tool’
- Visit Canon’s official website: canon.com/ijsetup and go to its Support page.
- Select the ‘Software and Drivers’ tab from the ‘Support’ menu box.
- With the help of this window, you can access to printer’s webpage. So, mention your device model number in the search bar and hit ‘Enter’.
- Now, go to the ‘Drivers and Downloads’ section.
- Now, click on OS drop-down box and properly select your system OS.
- A list of available software will appear for installation according to your printer’s model number.
- Find ‘IJ Network Tool’ option and click on corresponding ‘Select’ button to expand its menu box.
- Go through the details of the selected software tool.
- Click on the ‘Download’ tab to start downloading process and wait for its completion.
- Find downloaded ‘IJ Network Tool’ on your system.
- Double-click on that file to open the software installer.
- Open the mentioned file of “.pkg (package)” to start the installation process.
- Now follow mentioned on-screen instructions.
- Tap ‘Close’ to quit Installer after the completion of the process.
- Lastly, restart your computer.
Ways to Access ‘IJ Network Tool’
The location of this tool will be different for different Operating systems.
- You have to locate ‘IJ Network Tool’ icon on the Start screen.
- Go to the Start menu where you will find the tab to access this utility tool. In case you didn’t find it, enter the tool’s name in the search window and click Enter.
Windows 7, Vista or XP
- Go to Start menu -> All Programs.
- Select ‘Canon Utilities’ program -> IJ Network Tool.
- Again, find this tool to start this user-friendly tool.
- Open ‘Finder’ from your Mac’s ‘Dock’.
- Now go to the top left-hand corner of your screen and click on the ‘Go’ tab.
- Choose “Applications” button -> ‘Canon Utilities’ folder.
- Now, click ‘Canon IJ Network Tool’ to open the tool’s folder.
Finally, double-click on the tab ‘Canon IJ Network Tool’.