Canon Printer Drivers are such sort of software that acts as a link between your printing device and the computer system.
Due to this, both devices can communicate with each other by transforming the data into a language that can be detected and understood by them.
In other words, the printer driver handles the whole printing cycle.
Due to the notable role of Canon printer drivers, it’s crucial to download and install it.
Follow the mentioned below information to know more about the process.
Ensure these things before Downloading the Canon Printer Drivers –
Before beginning the process to download and install the Canon printer drivers, make sure to achieve the below criteria as it will make the process easier and more effective.
- Setup your printer and establish a stable network connection.
- You must switch on your printer.
- Remove all currently installed drivers on your system.
- Your system must be connected with the same internet connection as of printer.
- You need to sign in to your device as an administrator.
Guide to Download Canon Printer Drivers
It’s very simple and easy to download the Canon printer drivers.
You need to follow the below-given instructions to make the process error-free-
- Open the web browser on your device and visit the Canon site: ‘canon.com/ijsetup’.
- Now tap on the ‘Setup’ tab mentioned on the Canon printer drivers webpage.
- In the next window, you need to mention your Canon printer model number. This will redirect you to the product window where you will get the download link.
- Click Go. You can select other methods for finding your model number. This needs you to select the first name and then your model number.
- Make sure that the correct operating system is selected. In case you want to change the default operating system then click on the tab and select the one which you want. Select that operating system that you need to download and install the driver.
- After this, find and tap on the ‘Download’ link to start downloading.
- Depending upon your internet connection, the file will take time to download.
- By executing the above steps, you can download the setup file for the Canon printer. Alternatively, you can download the setup file from the CD device or via ‘usa.canon.com’.
Simple methods for Printer Driver Installation
Follow below steps to download Canon printer drivers –
- First, you need to start the printer driver file. You will find it in the Downloads folder. To start the installation wizard, double-click the file.
- Now you need to permit the application to run on your system. After this, you will encounter a pop-up box in which you need to make changes. Tap ‘Yes’ and permit the application.
- In order to start this process, Mac users have to confirm the process. For confirmation, you need to enter the username and password and tap ‘Install Helper’. Skip this step if you are a windows user.
- An installation window will be displayed. Click ‘Next’. The window also requires you to change the wizard language. Make the right selection accordingly.
- After this, you need to select the country you are living in.
- After this, a software list will appear which you can download as a part of the printer driver. Check that list and select the Canon printer software you wish to download.
- Now you need to connect your system and printer. You can use a USB cable and plug it in one end of a device and another end to the system. Alternatively, you can select the wireless connection. To know about this process, click on the ‘Help’ tab and follow the instructions.
- After this, you need to accept the license agreement. After this, the Extended Survey will appear. You can ignore it. Click the tab and move ahead according to your preference.
- The installation will now start and it will take something one or two minutes. Wait for some time until the process gets finished.
- Once it’s over, you need to perform the test print. For this, click on ‘Execute’ else press ‘Next’.
- Lastly in the final window, click ‘Exit’ and your installation is completed.
Common issues which you may face and methods to resolve those issues
You have to go through several processes to download and install the Canon printer drivers to start printing. At this time, you might face several errors which hinder your downloading and installing process.
Below are some common issues which you might face and ways you can solve them easily –
Issue 1 – Network connection issue
This error has been faced by many users and it occurs when you try to connect your printer to an internet connection. In this, the network is unable to locate the printer on the selected network. To fix this issue, you have to –
Make sure the cables are plugged in and must be securely attached.
Change the settings to default and try again.
Use different methods for network connection.
Reboot your router. Switch it off and maybe the issue will be resolved.
Issue 2 – Blank display issue
If you face this issue of blank display even after switching it on then you have to switch it off and disconnect the power cord from the printer. After one or two minutes, plug it in again and switch it on and tap the power button.
Issue 3 – Printer driver is unable to install
You need to check the printer driver which you have downloaded. Your setup must be compatible with your operating system, your device must fulfill all the system requirements, the setup file of the printer driver must be for your printer model.
In case you have downloaded the correct file and still face this issue, follow the below steps:
- Download the printer driver again.
- Uninstall IJ Network tool from your system.
- Remove all Canon printer drivers which are installed on your system.