If you are reading this then you are interested in knowing what functions you need to execute using the software and how you can install the software.
Utility software is used to evaluate, optimize, maintain and configure your printer properly. Canon provides various utility software to its users and Canon IJ Printer Utility is one among them.
Canon IJ Printer Utility is compatible for working with Canon inkjet and Canon all-in-one inkjet printers consisting of Canon TS8430 series, XK90 series, TR7500 series, TR7530 series, TS708 series, XK80 series, TR8630 series, TR7600 series, G3060 series, GX6000 series.
Functions of Canon IJ Printer Utility
Canon IJ Printer Utility is a remarkable software that lets you achieve various tasks to keep your Canon printer working. With the help of this software, you can execute all functions required to maintain your printer.
Apart from these, you can also know your ink level, execute the print test functions, configure the ink cartridge settings and do various other tasks.
Cleaning of printer – if you want to printer to run for a long time then you need to clean it and keep it away from all sorts of dust and other harmful particles.
With the help of utility software, you can clean the print head of your printing device and properly clean the print head nozzle.
It is advised to execute this function when there is faint print even your printer has enough ink cartridge.
After deep cleaning, if your print head issues don’t get resolved then you can launch a system cleaning.
Execute test print – Canon advises its users to execute test print to know the condition of the print head.
Canon IJ Printer Utility will let you know in case you are aware of printhead condition via a nozzle check pattern print.
After test print, you can check whether your printer’s ink or any particular color fainted or not. If it got fainted, you need to clean it.
Changing power setting – Another function that Canon IJ Printer Utility can perform is managing the power of your printing machine. You can switch on or off your printer from the application.
To reduce the power consumption, you can change the printer settings.
For this, you can switch on the Auto power feature which will automatically switch on your printer when you send a command and switch it off when it remains idle.
Know the ink level – With the help of Canon IJ Print Utility, you can know about the ink level of your printer.
You can even increase the life of your printer by never sending the command when the ink level is low.
You can even get the estimated usage of your ink cartridge for a proper understanding of the printer.
Other functions – Some other functions which you can perform by using Canon IJ Print Utility are reducing the noise of your printer by allowing silent features, flipping between several printer operating modes, adding or removing print job IDs and several other things.
How you can install the Canon IJ Printer Utility
Commonly, Canon IJ Printer Utility software comes with the Canon MP Printer Drivers.
When you install the printer driver, the software automatically gets installed with it. you can also find it with your printer model number.
When you get the software, you have to install it on your device to manage your printer.
This utility software is compatible with some printer models. In case it doesn’t support your printer model then you have to access the user interface to maintain your printing machine.
For Mac OS –
- First, switch on your printer by pressing the power button to start the installation.
- Now, you have to access the Apple menu on your computer. When you tap on ‘Apple’ icon which is located on the top-left corner of the screen, the menu will be displayed.
- A drop-down list containing several options will be displayed. Select the ‘System Preferences’ option from the list.
- After this, you will get some options like print and scan, print and fax, print and scanners. For different operating systems these options will be different.
- Next, you need to select your Canon printer. After this, choose ‘Open print queue’ then ‘Utility’ toolbar.
- Now Utility window will be displayed on your window in which the first thing will be the printer’s name. select it and then select the ‘Maintenance’ tab which is located at the lower-right corner of the dialog box.
- Now Canon IJ Printer Utility will be successfully launched on your device and all extra-ordinary functions will be displayed. You can select any one from it which you want to execute and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the process.
For Windows OS –
- Make sure your Canon device is turned on.
- Insert paper sheets after taking out the input tray.
- Now, launch the system’s printer driver setup window.
- Select the account which you use frequently. Select the Quick Setup tab from the Frequently Used Settings menu.
- When using Canon IJ Setup to choose a printing configuration, the Extra features, media type and paper size settings are reset to their actual numbers.
- According to your requirements, the printing resolution should be adjusted to High, Standard or Basic.
- Follow the mentioned on-screen instructions to complete the setup procedure.
- Select OK to save your settings.
- Go to the File tab and enter a document that you want to print.
- Go to File -> Print to print any paper sheets.
With the help of Canon IJ Utility, you can easily check your printer head status to confirm that it’s working correctly. For this, follow below steps –
- Choose the Test Print option after starting the main screen.
- Find and tap on the Nozzle Check icon.
- Now, you have to insert some paper sheets into the tray.
- To print a page, tap on the Print Check pattern.
- Lastly, review the print result and tap Quit in case there is no requirement to clean the print heads.