A printer driver is a kind of software that is specifically created to execute all printer functions. With the help of the program, you can customize the document which you want to print. You can adjust the paper size, paper style, page layout, font size, document quality, number of copies to be printed etc., via software. You can download the software in your system from the Canon website.
Follow this guide to know how to implement the download process. You would get sufficient information in this guide which is required before downloading Canon drivers. You will also know how you can access the printer driver setup window easily.
Ensure below things before Canon Driver Download
Focus on the below points for Canon driver download –
- First, your printer must be correctly set up. Ink cartridges must be installed and papers must be inserted in the tray correctly.
- The printer must be connected to Wi-Fi and it must be switched on. There are several options for Wi-Fi connection such as WPS Pushbutton, Cableless Setup, Standard Setup etc.
- In order to remove all unusual errors and fast downloading of Canon drivers, you need to close all current applications running on your system.
- Your system must be located near the router for better Wi-Fi signals. Also, your printer must be located within the router range otherwise the driver will unable to recognize it.
- In order to access the Canon site, you must have a secure, error-free and functional web browser supporting your operating system i.e., Windows, Mac, Linux etc.
Full Driver Package Downloading via Canon site
Follow the below steps to start the Canon driver download process –
- Before visiting the Canon site, open a secured internet browser and clean its past history.
- Enter this URL ‘canon.com/ijsetup’ in the search bar of the browser.
- Now, a welcome window will be displayed. You need to click on the Setup tab to go to the Product Selection window. Mention the model number of Canon printer in the search bar by confirming it from the backside of the Canon printer.
- In the next window, you will find a download link. Click on that link to start the downloading process.
- Tap on ‘Run’ and the setup window will appear. Choose the language required for operating the driver application and click Next.
- To connect your system and printer properly, either choose a wireless connection or USB connection and click Next. Select your Canon printer when it got displayed on the screen.
- To move forward, choose the software according to your text or image printing needs, click Next and accept the license agreement.
- The basic driver, XPS driver, manuals and extra software will be installed one by one. After driver installation, you will be able to view other steps like test printing, user registration and extended survey.
- Tap on ‘Execute’ on the test printing window. Click Next after printing the Test Print head Alignment page. In case you haven’t registered your product with Canon, you can do this on the User Registration window. Click Next.
- Review the Extended Survey Program and tap Yes in case you want to participate. All the documents would be installed on your system. Finish all the program details as it helps in understanding the customer’s needs. After completing, tap Next.
- After this, Installation successful window will be displayed. Tap on the Finish button and restart your system. This will end the Canon driver download process.
How you can install the Canon printer driver setup window
You have to install the driver setup page, after downloading the Canon driver. There are two ways through which you can easily open the driver setup window to adjust the print settings, print head cleaning, execute printer maintenance etc.
Follow the below steps to access the canon driver setup window –
Via Application Software –
Open the application which you have previously downloaded. You will find a print option in the File menu. Select it and the Print dialog box will be displayed on the screen. Here, you have to mention your printer’s model number and then tap on Properties or Preferences according to your application software.
Via Printer Icon
In case you want to install the driver setup window by tapping on the printer icon, you need to go to Start Menu.
Now tap of Settings icon and on the next screen, various options will be displayed.
Choose the Devices and Printers option from the mentioned list and locate your specific printer model.
Now right-click on your printer and choose Printing Preferences from the given options. This way the driver setup window will open and you can set the print settings accordingly.